If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel please complete the travel questionnaire below with as much detail as possible.This will enable us to prepare advice for the countries you are visiting and determine which vaccinations and/or anti malarial tablets you may require. If you cannot fill in the on line form for any reason please call into the surgery to collect a form to complete.
Once we have received this form you will be able to make an appointment with the Nurse 14 days ahead to allow time to prepare details for your visit.This will be a 20 minute appointment so please let us know if you cannot attend for any reason.
It is important to make the initial appointment as early as possible - at least 6 -8 weeks before you travel please note :
- We will not be able to fit you in for appointments at short notice.
- Vaccinations can take 4-6 weeks for immunity to fully develop
- Some vaccinations need time for a course of several injections to obtain immunity.
- If you are going on a more specialised trip i.e. long term travel/touring,back packing,voluntary work or high risk activities then your risks may be higher so please allow as much time as possible.
- Some vaccinations/prescriptions are not available on the NHS but can be dealt with by the Surgery for a charge ,please enquire when booking your appointment.
- You may need to visit a private travel clinic (or yellow fever centre) for vaccinations not given on the NHS and not available at the Surgery.
- These include Rabies,Cholera,Meningococcal Meningitis ACW 135 & Y, Japanese Encephalitis, tick born Encephalitis and Yellow Fever.
Information about countries and vaccinations required can be found on the links below:
Travel Health Questionnaire
Please fill out the online form before coming to see the nurse.